San Carlos, CA
SleepQuest is a rapidly expanding Health Services Company focused on Sleep Related Breathing Disorders. We have provided sleep care services for over 20 years with a comprehensive “continuum of care” that includes diagnostic sleep testing and CPAP treatment for patients suffering from obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
We are currently seeking an experienced telephone operator to take our inbound calls. Primary responsibilities are to answer the phones, screen phone calls, provide updates to patients, and process calls to staff members or departments. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Candidates must have 1+ years’ experience working in a healthcare office environment or as a receptionist in a busy medical office. Must have excellent computer skills, to include working experience navigating patient files. Must have knowledge of, or experience with, medical terminology and medical insurance or a strong willingness to learn.
– Must have a positive, people-person attitude
– Proficiency in typing, filing and aptitude to learn office software
– Good verbal and writing skills and a strong sense of organization
– Team oriented with a strong belief in customer service
– Knowledge of EMR/EHR
– Use scanners, copiers and other office equipment
– Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette
– Ability to exercise initiative, decision-making and problem solving
– Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy clinical environment
– Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
– Strong organization and verbal communication skills
– The ability to work in a team environment
– The ability to work under pressure
– Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
– Self-motivation to work under his/her own initiative
– At least one year of experience in providing customer service either via phone or in person focused on patient care experience required.
– High school diploma required; post-secondary education preferred.
– Experience with heavy phone volume, scheduling, understanding of insurance coverage, highly preferred
– Ability to type 60 wpm
SleepQuest offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, to include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance coverage, a 401k program with matching component, and vacation & holiday pay.