Walnut Creek, CA
SleepQuest, Inc. is a rapidly expanding National Health Services Company focused on Sleep Related Breathing Disorders. We have provided sleep care services for over 20 years with a comprehensive “continuum of care” that includes diagnostic sleep testing, titrations, and CPAP treatment for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
We are currently seeking a Medical Receptionist to join our dynamic patient service center team in Walnut Creek.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing consistent, superior customer service to patients, to include greeting of patients, answering phones and fielding patient questions
- Ensuring that all patients’ questions and issues are resolved properly and quickly
- Scheduling patient appointments and setup for text reminders, when necessary
- Performing data entry into medical billing software
- Prepare patient paperwork for clinician visits
- Communicating with patients regarding services and equipment
- Responsible for collecting co-insurance payments from patients
- Working closely with the billing staff
- Receiving, sorting and distributing faxes
- Supporting clinical staff with various projects
- Excellent patient service skills
- Professional and reliable, with a positive demeanor
- 2+ years’ experience in a medical receptionist or medically-related customer service capacity within the healthcare industry required (eg. serving patients, members, providers, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in the medical industry and knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills, to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Experience with database management systems, such as Brightree, a strong plus
SleepQuest offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, to include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance coverage, a 401k program with company sponsored match, and vacation & holiday pay.